Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

During the night I woke up with some serious stomach issues. Aaron had had them the night before but we had attributed that to what we'd had for supper. Apparently it was more. So on this rainy Mother's Day I'm sticking near a bathroom. Not quite what I had planned. Maya is singing this morning with her choir at church and I am so bummed to miss it. Aaron will fill me in I'm sure and it should be quite a restful day. Maya painted a flower pot for me and made some cute little button flowers for it. Caden made a special card for me all about how much he loves me and coupons for tasks around the house (one says that he will help me with dishes for the whole year in Guatemala). Aaron made me a more than precious card and got me a copy of Mansfield Park which I can't wait to dig into. I got to tell my mom I love her, and that doesn't happen as much as it should. Our moms are some terrific women. They gave us firm guidelines between right and wrong that have served us well. They cared for us just enough and let us go just enough and we love both of you so much. Thanks and may God continue to bless you. Best wishes to each of you on Mother's day. May it be blessed in many ways. Thanks, God, for my family and help me to cherish each moment and use it to the best of my ability. At His feet, Amy

No comments: