Tuesday, September 23, 2008
One miracle that happened today!
So I was at Paiz (the local grocery store as many of you who follow our page know) today. (Why is it that so many of my stories begin this way?) I was just in the checkout lane beginning to unload my groceries on the belt and thinking about my busy day ahead. I had to rush home and make muffins for snack for pre-school storytime, then get Maya & Caden from their half day of school and we had made plans to go out to lunch with our friends, the Larimers, and then it was off to PriceSmart (think Sam's Club)...when I heard this noise. I look up to see to see Lily throwing up all over the groceries that were still in the cart. And it didn't stop (poor girl). So now I'm trying to catch it with my hands saying "Basura pro favor" (trash can please) to the check out girl. She is trying to get a plastic bag open and meanwhile the groceries that are still in the cart are now covered. Finally she stopped...Wow what a mess! One guy cleaned the aisle (grocery carts are no good at containing contaminates) the check out girl walked with me to the bathroom where she helped me mostly wash off Lily & the groceries that were still in the cart, and two others cleaned up our trail to the bathroom. Then we still had to check out and all I could say over and over again was "muchas gracias" (thanks so much) and "lo siento" (I'm sorry). On the car ride home the smell was almost overwhelming. With Lily in the shower I commenced washing off my boxes of food in the sink, calling friends to fill in where we couldn't be, and waiting for our maid to come so I could share with her the adventure our morning had been. Maria Luisa came very late about 10am and our morning had been nothing compared to hers. Her daughter Dulce, who was with her this morning, had been up all night with breathing issues due to her need for nose surgery. Finally at 5 am Maria Luisa had been so worried that she took Dulce on a bus to the emergency room where she had a 3 hour breathing treatment to get her breathing under control. When she finally got to our house her oldest daughter's school had called and told Maria Luisa that her eldest daughter had been suspended from school because the group of girls that she was hanging around had done some very bad things. So because Lily had gotten sick, I could send Maria Luisa & Dulce home to take care of things and get some sleep. And I also had the chance to get on Facebook since my plans were shot for the morning. It was there that a friend who we haven't seen in years had looked up Aaron & I and had asked if there was anything he could do to help our mission here in Guatemala. I told him about the surgery that Dulce needed (after doing much checking on circumstances and talking to many people about what could/should be done) and he said just let me know where the money needs to be deposited. Wow! Go God....Amazing, Incomprehensible! All of this only possible because my child threw up and God knew that that was the only way I was going to stay home today. Don't tell me that God doesn't have a sense of humor or that He doesn't have everything in control. I just wonder how many other miracles I have completely missed because I was upset by plans being spoiled or the messiness of the situation. I'm still in awe and couldn't wait to testify that God can even use vomit to make us able to serve others. God, you are awesome! At His feet, Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment