Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Fluoride is almost gone...

Our kids each night before they go to bed take a fluoride supplement that their dentist prescribed for them. Before we left we ordered over 900 of this little vitamins for our kids for our year away. And last night as I was dispensing them I looked into the bottom of each bottle and saw how few were left and thought...this is it...we are really leaving. A visual picture of the days God has planned for us here in Guatemala. Each one, one last opportunity to treasure this place where God has blessed us so abundantly. It just made our leaving so real to me. What if God had a little bottle filled with markers for each of our days for the rest of our life...would you live differently? Would I? When we see it getting down there would we live better, or smarter, or more worthy of our creator? My prayer this morning is that each of us look in our little bottles and realize that our days to serve here are numbered. And I pray that this gives us the courage to live out his will for our lives today, because it is what he promise we would have...Today. Thanks God for reminders of your love and ways!

5 comments:

maryn said...

AMY YOUR FAMILY HAS BLESSED MY HEART SO VERY MUCH.. GOD IS SO GOOD..i PRAISE HIM for you..that was such a good post. Thank you. can't wait to see you again.. I hope we will be able to get togahter and Pray Praises to God for your Year.. love in Christ mary

wifetoonemomtotwo said...

Chad was in church yesterday.... it was a reminder to me that you guys aren't far behind!!
The pill bottle story was a great "story". Sure made me stop and think..... what if I did know how many days I had left.....

Anonymous said...

The flouride story made me think how it would be if you counted the days you had left on this wonderful earth. I think "events" like these remind us to live life to the fullest. Life is kind of like a pill bottle I guess you could say.... because in the end of your life (bottom of the pill bottle) the days start to get numbered and finally come to an end. And when the pill bottle becomes empty...or our lifes come to a end... we will be blessed to go live with Our Creator, God.

~Live for today, because yesterdays gone and tomorrow may never come~

Sierra (one of Mr.Klandermans students from last year back up in Grand Haven, MI)

Anonymous said...

Well, that was a thought provoking story. Thank you. It really made me think too.
What day exactly will you be leaving Guatemala, and then when will you be coming back into the big town of Hamilton???

folkerts said...

That was just me by the way:))