This week has been like a fairy tale to me. Even as I sit here now my eyes tear up, thinking of how good God is and what a privilege it is to live in his will. I have had three moments this week where I have actually stepped back and said...who am I, God, that you should give me the opportunity to be part of something so divine, here on earth. Random moments where God intersects space and time so clearly with saints to minister to you, to touch your soul, to realize that you are part of such a bigger thing than what you see...You are amazing God!
Situation 1: For the past 8 weeks my drama class has been working on skits from the Bible to present to the elementary classes during these final three weeks of school. I must confess there has been some complaining. I have made them memorize 3-7 skits when really they wanted to be on cruise control after their accomplishment of Beauty & the Beast. On Wed. they were pretty nervous about their first performances and asked me to pray for them. So after we prayed, we walked over to the elementary building and they entered their classes to perform. The performances weren't perfect but they made it through. And afterward they broke down into groups and my students asked the younger ones questions and then prayed with them. I went around and took pictures (I'll post them here later). And as I took those pictures a thought came to my mind that these are God's kids investing in God's kids, that God is growing his kingdom one teen & one child at a time, and I was able to see it in action...how cool is that to witness. And what an impact on those who participate...God changing us to be more like him, one moment at a time. What an awesome God we serve.
Situation 2: Thursday's are my day off from teaching, and in God's infinite wisdom he placed us in a church that has a women's Bible study that meets on Thursday morning. It is a very diverse group that meets. There are 3-5 people in our 30's, a half dozen or so in their 40's & 50's but most of the 30 or so that attend are over 60. One of these saints is named Rita. During my year of attending this group we have heard testimony after testimony of how Rita's kindness and compassion has touch life after life and has been a blessing to each person who she has come in contact with. At our prayer time at the end of our Bible study, one of my thankgivings that I shared was how thankful I was to be a part of this Bible study and how I don't know how many more I will be able to attend before I leave due to school commitments (they have chapel at CAG on Thursday morning and there are a few Drama/farewell things that will be occuring over the next few weeks). So we prayed, I was privileged to close, and then we sit around and chat for a few minutes afterwards. Well that is when Rita made her way over to me. We shared many things over the course of the next 45 minutes, but when she asked where we were from and I told her Holland, MI area...the look that came on her face was God's revelation. She shared that she had been praying for a dear friend who was going through some difficult times and was now living in Holland, MI. Would I be so kind as to deliver a note of encouragement to him from her? God are you kidding me? The opportunity to be a vessel of conveyence from one saint to another across the world from a chance meeting...how cool is our God. And as we sat there and I had the chance to share about God's miracles in our financial lives, God's leading us back home to whatever he has in store, and then to hear stories about how God had worked in her family, through her family's work with the Salvation Army, her husband's 10-year struggle with Alzheimer's, and her doctor daugther's incredible experience with the spouse of God's choosing, it struck me why I'm so attracted to this incredible woman of faith...she reminds me of my Great-Aunt Lilly who showed the same encouragement, same genuine interest, same foundational faith that this woman sitting next to me had. As I walked out to the van with my dear friend Becky I just wept...who am I, O God, that your saints should take their time and encouragement & share their lives with me. It is what I hope to be someday, it is what I pray to be each day....a witness of God's goodness and an encouragement to whoever God places in my path. Thank you, God, for touching my life so abundantly.
Situation 3: Last night was the elementary music program at CAG. Each class had their own praise song that they were in charge of sharing with all of us attending. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, Hosanna, blessed be the rock of my salvation from the kindergarteners, accompanied by the whole elementary (you should have seen their faces). 5th Grade shared verses from Revelations, 2nd Grade Jesus is The Rock and he rolls my blues away, Caden's class in Spanish & English (to the tune of LaBamba) I LaLaLa Love Jesus, he is my Savior, he is my Salvation, my Lord & my Master, Oh sing his praise. Maya's class sang Jesus, I love you. Then the 4th grade came up to finish with I Can Only Imagine...and I realized once again, in space & time our amazing intersection there with our creator...being ministered to by our children and his praise resonating from their hearts...it was so good to share together in a packed Chapel the greatness of our Lord. More tears.
It has been an incredible few days...I'm overwhelmed with God's blessings in my life and pray that these mountain top experiences permeate through my life and make me more into the person that God wants me to be.
At His feet, Amy
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment