Wow! Amy, and the kids, and I have been so amazed at the generous nature of people in the world today. And I also don't think it's just where we live. I really feel like I have seen the good in people as we have prepared for this experience. I know we are all born into sin, and we all wrestle with that each and every day, but God is good, and He has worked wonderful miracles through so many of you to help us prepare to teach in Guatemala.
First of all, thanks for your generous nature in the giving of your finances. We have been humbly blessed by your willingness to send your hard earned money to help us finance this mission. Thank you to all who have donated. In today's odd economic climate, I know we are all pretty tight, but so many have given so freely. It happened again just this Sunday. A member of our church family asked what we were in need of, and simply wrote out a check right there on the spot. I nearly fell over at the donation. It was so humbling. I was overwhelmed. Immediately our car fund was filled. WOW! God is always there and smiling. I cannot believe I ever doubt.
It truly has inspired us to make sure that we as a family plan wisely for the future so that when some of your decide to go and serve, we can offer help to you as well. I so am looking forward to receiving a letter in the mail from some of you in the future talking about where God is asking you to work, and I pray there will be some way for us to help you.
I also, and most importantly, want to thank all of you who are praying for us. We are now down to one month left before we go. I'm personally a little nervous. I worry about making sure my family is safe and comfortable, and I know that God will hold us well in his hands, but change is hard for me, and I am comforted just writing this because I know that so many of you are lifting us up in prayer. Thanks. God bless you for that. We need it. We covet those prayers. We feel those prayers. Thanks one and all. If you have a moment, pray for us now.
I thank God for each and every one of you. May you continue to show the world your generous nature, and may you continue to give, and give freely where God's work is being done. And to places where God is calling you to work as well.
Thanks.
Aaron
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment