I can't believe that it has been almost a month since we have updated. Forgive us and I hope that this begins another new burst of news from Guatemala. Here's a brief update of what's been going on...
Parents visiting right now: 2 (My folks) only for 4 more days...boy how time flies.
Street markets visited in the last week: 3 (all different and all great)
Christmas presents bought: 14
Good hiding places in our house: 0
Crying fits at the market today: 4 (not by me)
Cars in the shop right now: 1
Days left of school before break: 3.5
Time it took us to get to church last Thursday: 55 mins
Time it took us to get to church this past Sunday Morning: 15 mins
Firecrackers set off in our neighborhood at 5:15am this morning: approx. 1 million
How many times Senora Contreras corrected me during our final Spanish lesson this afternoon: about 50 (but I'm getting better.)
How much we love Senora Contreras: So Much!
Weirdest name I've ever heard for a holiday: Burn the Devil Day (last Sunday)
Scenes for Beauty & the Beast that are staged: All (Hallelujah)
Days before our next practice: 25...yikes
Exams Aaron is correcting tonight: 46
Exams Aaron needs to give yet: 66
Number of books my Dad has read while he has been here: 3.5
Days until we leave for Tikal: 6.5
How much we miss home: Lots
How much we miss the snow: Very little (at least driving in it)
How much your prayers and well wishes mean to us: everything.
Thanks for your notes and Christmas greetings. God bless and I will add some photos when I get a chance. God bless.
At His feet, Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment