Hey everyone, this is Aaron taking a quick hit at this blog thing again. Just wanted to add my two cents about the first night at Tijax. Great place first of all. Extremely clean and beautiful, but....I had a terrible night sleep. Not only was the rain torrential as Amy pointed out, and the coconuts falling on the tin roof did certainly add some incredible noise, but I was freaked out that a giant spider was going to eat me. Seriously! That being said, I NEVER saw a single spider, but the mind can play some mean tricks. I think my phobia began with that stupid Brady Bunch show, you know the episode where they are in Hawaii and Greg has that tarantula crawling on him in his bed. I HATE that episode! That was my fear all night long. I kept turning on the irridescent light on my watch on and checking the walls for large scary creatures. God was good and he knew I'd never be able to get over something like that. I probably would have left the mission field and RUN back to the states. (Not really, but it certainly would have unnerved me.) Good thing my wife is sooo tough and killed all of the big spiders before I even saw them. THANKS AMY! I LOVE YOU!!!
Aaron
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I thought Neal was the only guy afraid of spiders! I'll make sure he reads this too!!! :) Merry Christmas!
Hilarious!! I remember that Brady Bunch episode!! I'm just picturing you being freaked out all night......... ha-ha-ha-ha!!
Thanks for more pics. The kids look GREAT!
Aaron, thanks for being transparent and hilarious at the same time. I'll always think of you when I see a spider - from now on :) Merry Christmas Klandermans!
Wendy
LOL - made my day! You know I share your fear, Aaron. I would not have slept a wink, either. God must have been watching over you and keeping those bad things away - and Amy, too, of course! Great picture of the tarantula, though - even though I now have the heebie jeebies! I'm glad to be here in Wisconsin enjoying the frozen snow covered ground with NO spiders in sight!!! Merry Christmas with love - Aunt Jen
Mr. K,
Is that why you had the kids and I kill the spiders in your room??? I understand completely now! You made my day... well i guess night!
However i have to agree with you, your mind plays tricks on you all the time! I would most likely be scared of spiders or something eating me as well! :)
~Bekah
Aaron that cracks me up! I have to say that I was reading your blog backward and that episode is the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that picture of the tarantula! Glad that you were spared and that was the only one you saw the whole time. Yikes!
Lisa T.
Post a Comment